The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (CuzzFuzz), 228 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,181
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 216
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 216
I'm starting on my '46 3/4 stake bed restoration. While the frame is out for power coat and the engine is being worked on I was going to start on the interior. My instrument cluster is in pretty sad shape on the outside. Any tips on restoration? I was going to attach photos but I guess they're too large to attach. If anyone knows a way to reduce the size of a photo file let me know.

Joe


1946 Chevy 3/4 Ton Flatbed
Tearing her down
Story in the DITY Gallery
More images
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 216
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 216
Here's a photo of the panel. I hope, lol
Attachments
Instrument Panel.JPG (162.83 KB, 79 downloads)


1946 Chevy 3/4 Ton Flatbed
Tearing her down
Story in the DITY Gallery
More images
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,122
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,122
Joe
I restored the one on my ‘46. It was is in better shape than the one shown in your photo.
The glass and I think the bezel are available from J.Carters., as are gauges. The speedo can be sent for restoration. I tried the tech tip here in the Stovebolt. It was an interesting learning experience and seemed to be successful. But, failed after a short while. I decided to send it off for an expert to look at and he indicated the rebuild instructions were good, but at least for this model incomplete. It was was worth the $125 to have the expert inspect and deep clean and recalibrate it.

There are numerous threads here in the SB that provide good tips on how to accomplish the overall gauge cluster restoration. A search should provide hours of reading enjoyment.

Good luck!


Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0