NIce truck, jammer
I think those COEs are beautiful.
I/we have almost completed the restoration of a flatbed version of that year/model COE.
Your Vehicle ID plate: 353 24 Zxxxx (if I have read it correctly)
35 = 2 ton
3 = 137" wheelbase
24 = 248 ci engine
Z = series code/designator = 1954 through early 1955 (the end of the GMC New Design series)
xxxx = sequence/serial number (I think starting at 1000)
http://www.oldgmctrucks.com/page0010.htmlParts are hard to find for that short-run model.
Many parts are unique to Z-series GMCs (1954 through early 1955):
Most of the cab parts (inside/outside/seats/floors/firewall/inner-fender-panels and all attached sheet metal) is GMC/COE-unique (except for the doors).
Most of the engine-related parts (except for head/block) are GMC/COE-unique.
The firewall parts are mostly GMC/COE-unique
The vacuum-line/hoses/fittings/etc are GMC/COE-unique
Many dashboard parts are GMC/COE-unique
Take pictures of everything before you disassemble anything.
If you decide to modify anything, save your old parts and post them for sale here, or on the oldGMCtrucks.com discussion board.
https://oldgmctrucks.infopop.cc/eveSpanky is the resident expert on these GMC trucks - all years.