I just disassembled my 1955 Chevy1/2 ton 3.90 differential carrier, and I was surprised to find there were no washers/spacers behind the spider gears and side gears. I've seen diagrams showing these washers/spacers were used in the passenger car differentials (GM 55P), and I expected to find them in my truck differential (GM 55T) as well. Can anyone tell me whether these washers/spacers were also used on the 1955-62 truck differential? There was some pretty good scoring to the carrier as well as the gears, and I believe it was because these washers/spacers had not been installed. I'm looking for a good set of spider & side gears for this diff, and I don't want to install them directly over the heavy scoring on my diff carrier. If these washers/spacers are correct for the truck diff, I want to be sure any kit I buy will include these parts. Thanks in advance for any advice or assistance.
Ghost Rider Little Egg Harbor, NJ 1942 Chevy 3/4 ton pickup, 1962 235, Offy intake, Fenton headers, Dual Carter YFs, 1984 T5 1956 Chevy 3100 Apache, 67 350SBC, Saginaw 4 speed, 69 12 bolt
|