The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Millenimech, papas52), 145 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,266
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1281049 09/21/2018 4:00 PM
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
Just wondering if anyone is in the area. I am in Olive Branch.


-Patrick
1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 / 4-speed / 4:11 / Commercial Red

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,804
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,804
I'm going to be in Olive Branch on Wednesday afternoon, 9/26, doing a vehicle inspection. Want to meet for coffee somewhere?
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
Jerry yes, what time will you be here? I could perhaps leave work a little early.


-Patrick
1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 / 4-speed / 4:11 / Commercial Red

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,804
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,804
I have a Better Business Bureau arbitration inspection scheduled for 2:00 PM. It should take about an hour. This one could be one of those problems caused by "friction"- - - - -a car payment rubbing up against a warranty. Some folks get tired of paying for a vehicle they can't afford and start dreaming up imaginary problems so they can undo the deal. There's nothing on the agenda but a trip home after that, so my schedule is very flexible. I'll PM my cell phone number if you don't have it already.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
I can probably leave work around 3:15-3:30.

Last edited by Green_98; 09/26/2018 1:05 PM.

-Patrick
1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 / 4-speed / 4:11 / Commercial Red

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
Well Patrick, did you meet up with Jerry and survive? eeeek

Don

Last edited by 2-Ton; 09/30/2018 10:50 PM.

1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,804
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,804
He's definitely a brave soul- - - -met face to face with the forum pot-stirrer and lived to tell the tale! Once his stovebolt is a little closer to home, I'll probably volunteer a little time to give it a good tune-up. On the other hand, the guy with the brand new Chevy pickup with the imaginary problems was a no-show. He didn't really want anybody trying to confirm his complaints, I think.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,599
Patrick grew up not far from us and we will meet up someday when he is back to visit.
I'll look like a saint next to you.

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
Somehow I survived and live to tell the story! We had a great talk and thoroughly enjoyed picking the expert's brain; I have so many more questions.
I find myself occasionally thinking that I actually know something about something, and then I run into the man who really knows something, and it reminds me of just how much there is to learn.

I hope to have my truck up here in Memphis soon, it sits under a cotton cover, patiently waiting, in my parents garage 90 miles away. I wish I could post a picture on here, but have no clue how to upload a simple picture to a thread.


-Patrick
1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 / 4-speed / 4:11 / Commercial Red

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 248
P
Bolter
Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 248
My son lives in Southaven. But I am the Bolter in the family. I live in Statesville, NC


“Old Blue” 1953 Chevrolet 3100
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 34
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 34
Nesbit, Ms.. smile


1946 Chevy 2-ton
"Old Gabe"
The story restarts in in Big Bolts
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
I know exactly where Nesbit is, not far from me at all.


-Patrick
1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 / 4-speed / 4:11 / Commercial Red

Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 34
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 34
In fact,.. OBHS class of '81'..


1946 Chevy 2-ton
"Old Gabe"
The story restarts in in Big Bolts
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 296
Very nice. What type of pickup do you have?


-Patrick
1953 Chevrolet 3100
261 / 4-speed / 4:11 / Commercial Red

Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 34
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2018
Posts: 34
Trying to restart a project.. 46 Chevy 1.5 ton..


1946 Chevy 2-ton
"Old Gabe"
The story restarts in in Big Bolts

Moderated by  Achipmunk, TUTS 59 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0