| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
10 members (68ironhead, Wally / Montana, 3B, Gdads51, Bill Hanlon, Gray_Ghost, Rusted Nut, Shade Baby, Pre '68 Dave, Otto Skorzeny),
162
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,104 Posts1,056,197 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 660 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 660 | Hello All, I have found the Driver's side door remote has a broken spring. Can this be taken apart and replaced or? There are 5 bent tabs that hold the cover over it. Do I straighten them and remove or? Any guidance would be appreciated. Todd Update: Got a used door remote from my local junk yard (spring was good, rest trash). Took it apart (tabs broke X2). Put my original back together. Installed. Works Great.
Last edited by Shaffer's1950; 08/25/2018 2:46 AM.
1950 Chevy 3100
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2014 Posts: 678 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2014 Posts: 678 | I just did this a few weeks ago. You described it exactly right: carefully bend the tabs straight (I used a sharp chisel to get underneath them), pull the unit apart, install the new spring, then place the two halves back together and hammer the tabs back over again. I think I used pliers to crush them down firmly.
If your tabs break off, oh well, you get to buy a new door remote ;-)
1951 Chevy Panel Truck
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 660 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 660 | Great!! Thank you. I will order/get that spring and try and reassemble.
1950 Chevy 3100
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 660 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2017 Posts: 660 | Great!! Thank you. I will order/get that spring and try and reassemble.
1950 Chevy 3100
| | |
| |
| |