| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (baldeagle, Southerntruck, Hanks custodian, Woodcmiami, J Lucas, Rusty Shackleford, TooMany2count),
79
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,398 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 48 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 48 | I'll be welding in some new floorpans on Dad's 51 3100. Which size wire should I use on the mig- .023 or .030? Would it make a difference as far as finish or anything? Thanks. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 19 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2004 Posts: 19 | .023 is the way to go for body work. less weld deposit to grind. If your fabricating a trailer the .030 is better it will carry more Amps and deposit a weld faster | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 48 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 48 | Thanks! I was kind of figuring the same, but thought I might be told that it was all a matter of feed speed and amperage. I appreciate it... | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | My first experience doing floor pans wasn't so neat and I blew holes thru the metal.  Oh,the agony of grinding and filling. :mad: Hope yours goes much smoother. 
Drew
| | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 36 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2007 Posts: 36 | I use .023 on thin like body pannels but floor pans and structure i use .035.But i punch holes around the out side of the pans so i can spot weld and grind them off. you can't even tell after you are done. | | |
| |
| |