| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,213 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 506 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 506 | Before I start cutting and hacking has anyone replaced his vacuum advance with an adjustable? HIs distributor is the GM 2.8 L S 1982-84 HEI.
"Drugs are money, money is power, power is security." - Kent Heiner Nedrow population 2212 Carbon footprint family of 2/11 tonnes of CO2/yr
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,801 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,801 | I always make my own "adjustable" vacuum advance from an OEM item if necessary. What are you trying to accomplish? Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 506 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 506 | Jerry,
On V type engines I've always been able to find an adjustable replacement vacuum advance for optimal timing for whatever gas I was using. Now I am looking for similar replacement for Langdon's HEI. I'm not finding anything off the shelf for direct replacement. However the adjustable ones, if I cut off one ear maybe?
"Drugs are money, money is power, power is security." - Kent Heiner Nedrow population 2212 Carbon footprint family of 2/11 tonnes of CO2/yr
| | |
| |
| |