Looking for a source to get a replacement spring for my parking brake. It goes around the shaft of the parking brake pedal. The release rod pulls flat bar to move the spring to release the brake. I suspect the 65-year-old spring has been compressed too many times as the brake will not hold.
Bill thanks they sent me that part and it is not the right spring. It is 6 inches long. As you can see in the picture mine is maybe an inch or so.
Carl any thoughts what else could be wrong?
When I step on parking brake pedal, the shaft goes down smoothly put the flat metal rod does not hold it depressed, my assumption was the spring was not pushing the flat metal to hold the brake pedal rod in the depressed position?
When I step on parking brake pedal, the shaft goes down smoothly put the flat metal rod does not hold it depressed, my assumption was the spring was not pushing the flat metal to hold the brake pedal rod in the depressed position?
Denis
There is a lot going on with those parking brakes to make them work right,. Can you take some pics of your parts viewed from inside the cab? Do you have the long spring and long rod which connects to the cross bar behind the cab? Everything needs to be hooked up for it to work properly.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
I don't believe I've seen one of these springs fail, but the whole thing will work better if you disassemble it and clean it very well (a bench grinder with a wire wheel or something). Jon
~ Jon 1952 1/2 ton with 1959 235 | T5 with 3.07 rear end