The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#127105 07/02/2007 4:32 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 60
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 60
I really need some help with the engine paint colors. I'm doing a simple clean up of the engine and will put new gaskets on etc. I've seen these engines painted gray and others blue. is there a standard? Should the block be painted black? Also, my oil cannister looks like it was originally black with an orange top??? Thanks for the help!

#127106 07/02/2007 12:26 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
The original engine color is a very dark gray, more like charcoal. The engine paint most of the vendors sell is much lighter.
I've heard Chevy's of the 40's has a close match to the original.
There are lots of varying opinions on this however.


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

#127107 07/02/2007 3:50 PM
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
After searching quite diligently for the last year I'm pretty much convinced that Steve is correct on what he posted. I'm using the Chevs of the 40's gray and it is quite dark. looks real good once it is on and ya get a little sun light on it.
Check your e-mail.
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0