The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Peggy M, Deegs53, moparguy), 59 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,700
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1271016 07/03/2018 3:02 AM
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 370
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 370
Can someone clear up where I fall short on this turn signal install?

I’ve converted the parking lights to duel 1157s in the front. The brake lights and running lights are two separate bulbs on each side.
I understand how to wire the front and back lights.

My question is with the “hot wire” and the “red” wire in the diagram. (Picture included) Do I run the “red” wire to the brake switch and leave the other side running to the terminal “stop”?

Also, what’s the best place to land the fused power wire?

All my wiring is original except the rear brake and running lights. Fuse box. 6 volt.

Thanks Don
Attachments

Last edited by Don huffer; 07/03/2018 10:37 PM.

Can’t begin to tell you how much I hate the name Stovebolt.
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
No pic

Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 370
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 370
Sorry for my slip up on the pic.

Don


Can’t begin to tell you how much I hate the name Stovebolt.
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Yes. On the stop switch


You can grab power where you want. Some people run straight to battery source, so the hazzards will work even if you have other issues.

I just went off acc on ignition


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0