The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, SNOYL, Wayne67vert, Barry Martak), 101 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,482
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#127032 06/29/2007 3:35 PM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 23
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 23
I'm trying to get my cab ready to go out for paint and a last minute check of things has revealed the wood brace under the floor/door sill is rotted on my truck. I have managed to remove all the bolts and but will have to break/cut some small welds to get the rest of the wood peice out. At first I thought the wood was approx. 14" x 2.34/4" x 1" thick but now it seems longer ( 18-20") and has a step in it. Does anyone have a pattern for this or any info. I know it is late but the truck is going out this weekend and I could make new peices and get them out after, but my wood is so bad, its not really going to be good for a pattern . 1940 Chev 1/2 ton Canadian truck

#127033 06/29/2007 9:12 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
?? My 40 has no wood around / under the sill area. Cab sits on wood blocks alone. Is it possible someone added this later ? My truck was US built if that makes a difference


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
#127034 06/29/2007 9:43 PM
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 39
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 39
axle 50,

jim carter trucks sells the pieces you are looking for, on page 17 of there early truck catalog. give them a call they might give you the dimensions you need. good luck

thirtyniner


39 chevy 1/2 ton
48 chevy fleetline aerosedan
#127035 06/30/2007 3:04 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 20
4
New Guy
New Guy
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 20
axle50,

I know the wood pieces that you are talking about, but have no idea where you can get replacements. I have a Canadian 40 Chev as well. I haven't seen the bottom of a cab on a US 40 so can't tell you if they are only on Canadian trucks.

Here are a couple of pictures of the wood blocks that are still installed on my truck.
Pics of wood blocks behind rockers

They are rotted as well, so if you find a source, I would be interested in hearing about it as well.


1940 Chev pickup

“Make the world a better place, save a rusty truck.”
#127036 07/02/2007 6:59 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 481
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 481
Interesting. The US models have a small wood block approximately 4" X 3" at the overlap of the metal floor and the cowl with three bolts through it. I had no idea the Canadian models were different.
Looks like you got your work cut out for you 4tChev.

#127037 07/09/2007 5:30 AM
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 23
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Oct 2002
Posts: 23
I think the wood pieces are specific to Canadian trucks, (heavy bracing for all those cold Sask. farmers and all there pairs of long johns in the winter) I might have another truck to try and get the wood out from so I will keep you all posted (thought about industrial plastic as well as the oak,'cause it won't ever rot!


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0