The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Dennys28, Steelonsteel, Opelika Tom, Guitplayer, Ponchogl), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,401
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1267689 05/31/2018 5:59 PM
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 11
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 11
Hey, just thought Id share what I found when I pulled the valve cover off my 261.
Apparently, Micky had set up shop and was living well on the nuts he filled the cover with.
I'm just glad I checked before trying to start this thing.
Regards
JG
Attachments
IMG_0692.jpg (19.25 KB, 313 downloads)
IMG_0690.jpg (19.64 KB, 322 downloads)
IMG_0691.jpg (17.1 KB, 298 downloads)

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 693
did any of the debris go down the oil return holes?

Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,652
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,652
He was having himself a grand old time in a comfy out of the way spot. Sounds like a vacation to me. Glad you spotted it before a start up.


Mike
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,281
Well at least now you know what that mysterious squeaking sound was...


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,195
Insomniac
Insomniac
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 2,195
I thought a mouse engine was a small block V8. ohwell


Gord 🇨🇦
----
1954 1/2 ton 235 4 speed
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 217
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 217
Down here in SoCal its all about the K rats. Its OK to smoke pot but you better not kill a rat! nono

Joined: May 2018
Posts: 11
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 11
Originally Posted by tomctomc
did any of the debris go down the oil return holes?
Tomctom,
I used a shop vac to clean out what I could. But I`m sure there are nut fragments and mouse bones all down in there.
I still need to pull off the exhaust to check the ports for more free stuff. Wonder whats in there..
Regards
JG

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 1,969
How did he/they get in there?

My last truck had an oil bath air cleaner on the carb when I got it. I took it off to find a few kernels of corn in the carb. I took the carb off and stuck the hose of my shop vacuum in the manifold... don't know if anymore came out or not.


Professional Novice

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0