| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (55shaker),
90
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,140 Posts1,056,467 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2018 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2018 Posts: 3 | I need to know the inside dimensions of the floor in the cab of a 1966 Chevy C10. Does anyone know? | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | how precise are you looking for? | | | | | Joined: May 2018 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2018 Posts: 3 | I would like to at least get the cab square the guy before me cut a lot of the floor . | | | | | Joined: May 2018 Posts: 3 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2018 Posts: 3 | Does any one know the measurements inside floor for 1966 Chevy c10 the person that I got the truck cut the front floor out so I don’t have any points to measure from thanks | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | FYI, complete replacement floors on evilbay for $169.00.ðŸ›
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | I will take some measurements tommorrow. Are the doors on? That is the most critcal fitment as far as i am concerned. | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters | | Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters Joined: May 2007 Posts: 1,718 | Not really sure what the tolerances might be but here are some numbers off the cab in my garage. Doors are off, but have been fitted. Also not really sure where to pull good solid measurements from so if these are not what you need let me know I can pull some more. lf front mounting bolt center to rt front mounting bolt center: 41" rear mounting bolt center to rear mounting bolt center: 42 1/8" rt front mounting bolt to rt rear mounting bolt: 41 5/8 lf to rt door channel flange, front (exterior to exterior). Measured close to floor: 67 1/4 lf to rt door channel flange, rear (exterior t exterior). measured close to floor: 67 1/8 rt side front to back of door opening. Measured close to floor above curve of the channel: 35 1/8
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | I'm confused as heck. If you have the truck, you just measure that truck you have? You buy a floor and fit it in or cut sheet metal to weld in a new floor. Really not sure what you are doing? Cardboard template is usually the best start. Are you patching. Did the owner cut out the spot welds or hack it all upi? FYI, to save money, sections are available from $30-$70.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 33 Geezer | | Geezer Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 33 | I don't know if this will help, but here is the Cab Dimensions page from the factory build manual.. Well, I tried to upload, but of course it exceeded the 300mb limit.. Email me, [email protected], and I will send it to you or go to Chevrolet Heritage and download the complete manual for free.. Good luck, Thirdcoast
Last edited by Thirdcoast; 07/15/2018 5:07 PM.
1966 C20 LWB, 327 4 Bbl., 4 Speed
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,440 | Apparently he didn’t get the help he needed or he’s busy working. He hasn’t logged in for a month. ðŸ›
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | |
| |
| |