The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (3800GUY, Bill Hanlon, Otto Skorzeny, 1 invisible), 93 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
Anyone have an idea where to get the O ring or rubber washer that goes between the lid and the center hold down bolt on a 59 AC type oil filter cannister? My original finally gave up the ghost. I've put a hose washer and a 9/16" flat washer on top of that. On idle and about 35# pressure it's OK but at speed and 45# it leaks. When I tighten it down more, the washer flattens out past the steel flat washer.
If I use a modern remote spin on filter, I'm assuming I should use the stock size hoses to keep the pressure up. Am I thinking right?

Thanks for your help guys!

web page


I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
Is this a 6 or 8. Possibly a drain plug gasket
would work.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 86
Just went to Lowes and got a 1/2" copper washer, snugged it down real good and.... No leaks even at speed.
It may not be correct, but at least I'm on the road 'till I get the right stuff.
BTY, it's a 235 stovebolt with the '59 AC oil filter canister.


I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure that you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0