The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Peggy M, 59 fleet), 87 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,096
Posts1,056,489
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 324
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 324
Back door lock cover, does it move up, or down? I have a vague memory that my key cover pivoted down and scraped the body, so I swapped it with the one on the passenger door which pivoted up.


1947.2 Chevy Panel Truck 1-ton
In Project Journals
In the DITY Gallery
1955.2 Chevy Suburban
1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
What year and model truck, Walter

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 324
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 324
I updated my sig. I am working on a 1947.2 1 ton Panel Truck, so Years '47 to '51.


1947.2 Chevy Panel Truck 1-ton
In Project Journals
In the DITY Gallery
1955.2 Chevy Suburban
1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215


Mine pivots up, 1953 panel. It's impossible to pivot down, the lock is recessed into the door a bit so the cover would hit the door.

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 324
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 324
Yeah, so it would seem impossible for the rear door lock cover to pivot down. It was 20 years ago that I had the locks keyed, now I'm going over the latches. The passenger door lock cover pivoted down. It broke, so when I got a replacement, it pivots up. Here's a picture of the back door lock.
Attachments
Back door lock.jpg (76.28 KB, 41 downloads)


1947.2 Chevy Panel Truck 1-ton
In Project Journals
In the DITY Gallery
1955.2 Chevy Suburban
1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,256
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
"Hey! I sound like Darth Vader!!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,256
My back door.
Attachments
1952suburban288.jpg (42.8 KB, 34 downloads)


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0