The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Wheelie, tclederman, Woodcmiami), 113 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 202
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 202
I have a side mount spare fender. I am looking for a patch panel for lower rear part of the fender. Does anyone know where I can find this.

I suppose the option is to transplant the spare indentation to another fender. I would like to try to repair this one first.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
They sell those in flat square sheets anywhere sheet metal is sold. Unfortunately they require a lot of metal forming to match the fenders. smile I have seen pre-formed patch panels for the front/Lower section of rear fenders, but not the rear.
Carl


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,068
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Housekeeping (Moderator) Making a Stovebolt Bed & Paint and Body Shop Forums
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 11,068
No patch panels available for the rear of the rear fenders. I made my own like Carl suggested. It's not impossible, as it was the first time I tried something like that.
Here's a link to the process. Patch Panel Forming
Mine was actually the right rear fender that I patched, so just follow along using your left hand instead of right hand. grin
Here's a pic of that fender with the first coat of epoxy primer.
Attachments
IMG_0423.jpg (80.44 KB, 30 downloads)

Last edited by klhansen; 05/07/2018 2:17 AM.

Kevin
1951 Chevy 3100 work truck
Follow this saga in Project Journal
Photos
1929 Ford pickup restored from the ground up. | 1929 Ford Special Coupe (First car)
Busting rust since the mid-60's
If you're smart enough to take it apart, you darn well better be smart enough to put it back together.

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0