The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Nick in Manitou, klhansen), 77 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,080
Posts1,056,315
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 139
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 139
I have a 1951 3100 and have a different 3 speed transmission and rear axle. The case number is GM 15, 3354726, E245 and the tailpiece is GM 8, 8866722, E226. The rear diff is another story. I looked for numbers but only could find the front passengers side has a F1 (stamped) and the front drivers side has a cast 331 and a clock face. I’m hoping members can help solve the story of this trans/rear axle. thanks

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
Can you send us a picture of the trans. and diff?

Ed


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Clarify please. Is it a Torque Tube or a later open Driveline transplant?🛠


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 139
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 139
Open driveline.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
As Ed posted, post some photos. The procedure is in the Stovebolt Image Posting Policy shown in the left margin of this page.🛠


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 139
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 139
Thanks. I tried to post pics but when I used the manager, it just spins and doesn’t load. I’m using an IPad Pro and don’t know where to find the picture size to see if I exceeded the size limit. I took pictures of the transmission and rear diff. Help?

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
1. You have to learn how to downsize your photos to 300K or less.
On an iPhone or iPad, you can accomplish this by mailing the photos to yourself, and choosing a smaller photo size.

2. However, iPad/iPhone photographers: unless you can read/save those email photo-attachments on a computer/device with a file-directory/file-manager, you will not be able to "select" your photo-file OR drag-and-drop your photo-file using the Stovebolt image/photo Attachment Manager.

If I am incorrect, would an iPhone/iPad user please tell us how to attach photos here (from an iPhone/iPad)?

Added/edited later: there is now a "Files" feature in Apple iOS for iPad/iPhone. It works with the Stovebolt image/photo Attachment Manager.

Last edited by tclederman; 04/15/2018 12:27 AM. Reason: added "Files" information
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 79
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 79
I thought that that was my problem I’ve been trying to post and all I uses an iPad so now I know I have to go to the computer at work since I don’t have a computer at home thanks for that update and I will now post some pictures when I get on my work computer 😁🎩🎩


Tophat

1950 4400
1949 3100
1946 2 ton flatbed
1949 3800 panel
1952 3100 panel (newest one)

Queen Creek AZ
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Tim, you are correct.☹️


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 139
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 139
So just found another clue. Rear wheel cylinders have. The number 1” 5450649. Still trying to post pics. I haven’t given up yet!

Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 139
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 139
I found a number on the pinion gear. #3740674-10-39-GM. Also a 2-12-57.. Does that mean it is a 1957 rear end?


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0