Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,309 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 139 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 139 | I have a 1951 3100 and have a different 3 speed transmission and rear axle. The case number is GM 15, 3354726, E245 and the tailpiece is GM 8, 8866722, E226. The rear diff is another story. I looked for numbers but only could find the front passengers side has a F1 (stamped) and the front drivers side has a cast 331 and a clock face. I’m hoping members can help solve the story of this trans/rear axle. thanks | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 Crusing in the Passing Lane | | Crusing in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 5,096 | Can you send us a picture of the trans. and diff?
Ed
'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires. '47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle. '54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed. '55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 | Clarify please. Is it a Torque Tube or a later open Driveline transplant?ðŸ›
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 139 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 139 | | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 | As Ed posted, post some photos. The procedure is in the Stovebolt Image Posting Policy shown in the left margin of this page.ðŸ›
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 139 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 139 | Thanks. I tried to post pics but when I used the manager, it just spins and doesn’t load. I’m using an IPad Pro and don’t know where to find the picture size to see if I exceeded the size limit. I took pictures of the transmission and rear diff. Help? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | 1. You have to learn how to downsize your photos to 300K or less. On an iPhone or iPad, you can accomplish this by mailing the photos to yourself, and choosing a smaller photo size.
2. However, iPad/iPhone photographers: unless you can read/save those email photo-attachments on a computer/device with a file-directory/file-manager, you will not be able to "select" your photo-file OR drag-and-drop your photo-file using the Stovebolt image/photo Attachment Manager.
If I am incorrect, would an iPhone/iPad user please tell us how to attach photos here (from an iPhone/iPad)?
Added/edited later: there is now a "Files" feature in Apple iOS for iPad/iPhone. It works with the Stovebolt image/photo Attachment Manager.
Last edited by tclederman; 04/15/2018 12:27 AM. Reason: added "Files" information
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2018 Posts: 79 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2018 Posts: 79 | I thought that that was my problem I’ve been trying to post and all I uses an iPad so now I know I have to go to the computer at work since I don’t have a computer at home thanks for that update and I will now post some pictures when I get on my work computer ðŸ˜ðŸŽ©ðŸŽ©
Tophat
1950 4400 1949 3100 1946 2 ton flatbed 1949 3800 panel 1952 3100 panel (newest one)
Queen Creek AZ
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 | Tim, you are correct.☹ï¸
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 139 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 139 | So just found another clue. Rear wheel cylinders have. The number 1” 5450649. Still trying to post pics. I haven’t given up yet! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 139 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 139 | I found a number on the pinion gear. #3740674-10-39-GM. Also a 2-12-57.. Does that mean it is a 1957 rear end? | | |
| |