The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (bucktruck, Gdads51, 2 invisible), 115 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,116
Posts1,056,637
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 111
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 111
I am new to this site and just spotted the Homecoming which I will be driving along to. Only a 3 hour drive so pretty local!

I am close to ordering some repair panels (cowl, fenders, cab corners...the usual suspects!) and shipping really starts to add up, especially once you look at inner fenders and/or floor panels.

So...can anyone point me at either a) a vendor that may be attending the Homecoming or b) someone not horribly distant. If I can find a vendor attending the event I can get them to deliver the parts to me there.

I am in the eastern panhandle of WV, close to Harpers Ferry, and in a perfect world am trying to find somewhere I can drive to for these panels. Closest so far is CMW Trucks up in Ohio...anyone closer? I am of course assuming that the majority of these guys use the same source for their panels as I cannot see numerous companies having tooled up to reproduce them.

Any help appreciated.

Paul


1951 3100 5-window
with a '55 235/floor mounted 3-speed
Some of the story in ODSS
Most of it in The Shops Area wink
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Check out truckandcarshop.com they are somewhat closer I think.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 111
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 111
Originally Posted by Justhorsenround
Check out truckandcarshop.com they are somewhat closer I think.

Many thanks, looks like Concord, NC which means CMW in Ohio is still the closest. I suspect that might be as good as it gets. Just received a message from another member saying that vendors dont typically attend the Homecoming so it looks like I will be driving north to OH.

Thanks again.


1951 3100 5-window
with a '55 235/floor mounted 3-speed
Some of the story in ODSS
Most of it in The Shops Area wink
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,236
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Moderator: Interiors, Texas Bolters, Name that Part
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,236
The last few years, Snap on is the only vendor that was there. It is mainly a bunch of guys working on each other's trucks, figuring out issues, getting to know each other while having fun with a beer in hand (or other favorite beverage). The knowledge that is in one place all at one time is absolutely amazing.

Chris

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 443
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Stovebolt Photo Moderator
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 443
Carlisle PA would be the best place to round out your list from your location. Possibly Hershey as well. I'll be there and can fill you in on some of the vendors that show up at Carlisle. Best - Joe


1947 - 3800 dually known as "Deadwrench"
Link to a few photos

In this world there are givers and takers. The takers eat well, the givers sleep well.
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
Bill Athey sells 1947 and up Chevrolet/GMC truck parts from his home. I bought all of my sheet metal for my 1956 3100 from him and saved a ton on shipping since I picked it up at his garage in Front Royal, VA.

He doesn't stock a lot of big stuff, so you order what you need and he calls you when it's all in.

Check him out he's a good guy with fair pricing!

https://atheysclassic.com/contact

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 111
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 111
Originally Posted by Mike B
Bill Athey sells 1947 and up Chevrolet/GMC truck parts from his home. I bought all of my sheet metal for my 1956 3100 from him and saved a ton on shipping since I picked it up at his garage in Front Royal, VA.

He doesn't stock a lot of big stuff, so you order what you need and he calls you when it's all in.

Check him out he's a good guy with fair pricing!

https://atheysclassic.com/contact

Mike B smile

Thanks a million. Front Royal is @40 mins from me. I will reach out.

Paul


1951 3100 5-window
with a '55 235/floor mounted 3-speed
Some of the story in ODSS
Most of it in The Shops Area wink
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
A
ASU Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 102
Paul65,

Check out https://www.luttyschevy.com/ They are just north of Pittsburgh, which should be closer than Ohio.

Jon


Moderated by  Bill Marlow, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0