The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (wilbur53, burgundybolt, Jack Ryan, 1 invisible), 86 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,086
Posts1,056,331
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1259242 03/19/2018 6:15 PM
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 94
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 94
Guys, thanks for all the help, maybe one day I'll be the one Answering questions.

Intake/Exhaust manifold gasket going on,
Gasket is paper (one side), Metal (other side).

2 questions....
Which side (of gasket) faces the Block?
Do I spray "Spray-a-gasket" on metal side?

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,441
You forgot to tell us what your working on.🛠
Not everyone reads all your posts, so tell us each time. Thanks

Last edited by Justhorsenround; 03/19/2018 7:40 PM.

Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 94
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 94
'53 (full press) 235,
Gaskets between manifolds & head

Thanks, Jim

Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,652
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,652
I am assuming a 235 or the like chevy. Metal to the outside. You could also use a rimflex gasket. Excellent at sealing the intake and exhaust, one piece. I have never had to use any other sealant on the stock gaskets and absolutely none to be used with the rim flex gasket.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...d0Zf52QIVnYuzCh0ILwvYEAYYASABEgLctvD_BwE

Last edited by Dragsix; 03/19/2018 8:06 PM.

Mike

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0