| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,465 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2017 Posts: 48 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2017 Posts: 48 | First post to Stovebolt and new to rebuilding ole' trucks. I just purchased a 1949 axle with a 1957 pumpkin w/ 3.90 gears. Any issue with this setup for my 1946 frame? I plan to stick to the straight axle and put in a small block V8. Any advice would be appreciated with regards to this hybrid axle. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,714 back yard wrench turner | | back yard wrench turner Joined: Sep 2010 Posts: 1,714 | Welcome to the Stovebolt. I put a '51 front axle and a '58 rear with a 3.90 gear in my '38. I changed my motor to a '55 GMC 270.
Your choice should be fine.
I see you are in Kansas, keep the reunion in mind for the 1st weekend after Labor Day.
Last edited by Wayne67vert; 01/31/2018 9:34 PM.
Wayne1938 1-Ton Farm TruckStovebolt Gallery Forums1989 Silverado 1996 Mustang GT convertible When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,603 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,603 | Welcome to the Bolt HC. You will find a wealth of help here. Just ask away and post a few more times, then you will have full access to the garage.
Wayne, is that a hint that you may be attending the Reunion this Sept? I hope so!
Don 1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | |
| |
| |