The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 105 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,440
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 48
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 48
First post to Stovebolt and new to rebuilding ole' trucks. I just purchased a 1949 axle with a 1957 pumpkin w/ 3.90 gears. Any issue with this setup for my 1946 frame? I plan to stick to the straight axle and put in a small block V8. Any advice would be appreciated with regards to this hybrid axle.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,714
Welcome to the Stovebolt.
I put a '51 front axle and a '58 rear with a 3.90 gear in my '38. I changed my motor to a '55 GMC 270.

Your choice should be fine.

I see you are in Kansas, keep the reunion in mind for the 1st weekend after Labor Day.

Last edited by Wayne67vert; 01/31/2018 9:34 PM.

Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
2
Moderator
Moderator
2 Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 3,603
Welcome to the Bolt HC.
You will find a wealth of help here.
Just ask away and post a few more times, then you will have full access to the garage.

Wayne, is that a hint that you may be attending the Reunion this Sept?
I hope so!

Don


1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck
"The Flag Pole"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1946 2-Ton grain truck
1946 3/4-ton pickup,
1953 1-ton pickup
1957 1-ton flatbed dually,
1954 Pontiac Straight Eight
Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most!

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0