The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Dennys28, Wayne67vert, 78buckshot), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 53
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 53
Working on a 49 GMC FC101 that I bought in parts. As I did not have the opportunity to take it apart I am struggling a bit figuring out how it all goes back together. I have the cab on the frame and would like to dry fit assemble the rest of the front sheet metal including the radiator and front bumper. I am trying to determine if I am missing any parts so I can buy them before I start the painting and final assembly.

Does anyone know where I might find a good set of photos, drawings, mock ups, etc showing clearly how this all goes back together? The fenders and hood are pretty straight forward but the core support and related brackets are giving me some issues. I have a Chevy 47-54 assembly manual and a number of parts catalogs but I still haven't been able to clearly see what's going on. I suspect there are a few differences between the Chevy and GMC

Thanks for any guidance, I know I need a lot.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
I have one with the fenders off, let me go look at what I can send you. Sorry, mine is a '47.1, probably slightly different.

Ed

Last edited by EdPruss; 01/27/2018 8:32 PM.

'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 106
Y
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 106
If you don't have a Light Duty GMC Master Parts Book you can email me directly and I'll send you the blow out drawing of all the parts that go together to make the front end.


"I always win." Working mainly alone I do not let my trucks win a war. Maybe a battle here and there but never the war.

Robert
55.1 GMC 450 COE
51ish GMC Suburban
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 45
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 45
Robert,
I would like a copy of the front end parts drawing as well, if you don't mind,
Thanks,
Ron


1950 Gmc 100

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0