The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (GRNHydra, Gdads51, Hotrod Lincoln), 69 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,353
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,624
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 1,624
I am still trying to get my dash and garnish molding job complete and I wish to thank all here who have helped this "pilgrim" get through this. On to my questions...I am getting ready to apply the clearcoat. As I have handled the parts with bare hands, I need to make sure there is no oil contamination between coats. I surely can't use laquer thinner as anything like that as it will "eat" the paint. How about rubbing alcohol? It will de-grease and dries quickly. Put it on wet and clean it off with clean rag before it dries? Thanks


Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 339
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 339
Use a prepsol or any de-waxer of any brand...
or Your problems will be many again...also, use a
tack cloth..... Bill B


1952 Chevy 3104 Shortbed 5-window
Remember; Politicians and diapers both need to be changed
often, and for the same reason.....
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 99
We used DX330 in my dad's auto body shop. Works great. Just dry with a clean cloth behind it, tack, and shoot!

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 7
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 7
Fingerprints are a problem. many people have acidic fingers, especially some nationaliaties. The only way to remove is to use a quick caustic wash or wipe.

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 232
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 232
Get into the habit of wearing rubber gloves. As soon as I start a final prep for paint I put them on, change as needed untill part is completed.

Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 364
Quote
Originally posted by Wada:
We used DX330 in my dad's auto body shop. Works great. Just dry with a clean cloth behind it, tack, and shoot!
I second that.


Keith
If it were easy they'd have grade schoolers doing it!

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0