The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (Steelonsteel, 55shaker, GRNHydra, WICruiser, 51sub, Wally / Montana, Peggy M, Hotrod Lincoln, 1 invisible), 108 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,141
Posts1,056,471
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 523
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 523
Where can I find a cross reference of casting numbers to date of manufacture for 235 cylinder heads? I have no reason to believe that my engine is in an original manufacture state.

Bob


BobS46
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Post the casting numbers here and someone will post the dates for you.🛠


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 523
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 523
Thanks - I will do that as soon as get my head back from the shop.


BobS46
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,819
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Online: Content
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,819
Dinner, drinks and a few flowers work with most ladies.

I'm not really sure what you'd need to do to date your cylinder head.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Here are locations of high-pressure 235 date casting codes.

Here is a list of head/block casting codes.

Post here all the codes you find and people here will help you decode/ID what you have.




Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 523
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 523
Thanks, I will have the codes when I get get the head back from the shop.
Bob


BobS46

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0