Hi all,

I new here. Just started a 46 Chevy 1.5 ton conversion to a pickup street rod project. I know maybe a little nuts but hopefully it will work out. Anyway, the BIG guy had a 14' grain bed and I will be putting a pickup bed on and need rear fenders. I read the 39 fenders are 1.5 inches wider than the 46, is that right? Are they the same shape? I was looking at the 2"wider 46 fenders but the freight quotes are around $450 for $700 fenders. Ouch. I can make a trip to visit my dad and drive a few hours out of the way to Jim Carter's but I don't see the wider 46's on his site. Thinking the 39s might be a option. Behind my cab is all new and I will make most of it so no problem getting it to fit.

Thoughts?


Dan J
Parker/Elizabeth Colorado
28 Ford Model Roadster (restored)
46 Chevy 1.5 Ton Grain Truck being converted to a Pickup Street Rod "square nuts" started Oct 2017
follow my blog of the 46 project at squarenuts.wordpress.com

Sailing:
"Una Mas" Nacra 5.8

Windrider 16 trimaran