hello , i have a 1939 chey b1.5 ton truck 350 small block a sm465 manual transmission and a dana 70hd rear end . i have been looking for some information if i can install a driveline brake at the carrirer bearing on the drive line mounting , drum driveline brake using this area to mount the drum . i have been searching for a transmission tailshaft to mount to my sm465 unable to locate any or how to mount the drum on the rear end pilot shaft . the drum i have came off a 1990 motorhome automatic transmission brake . thank you 1pete1
My driveline brake is custom mounted using 1/4" plate pieces behind the pump. The drum is bolted on the output shaft behind the yoke for the u joint. Then the mount shown in the picture holds the shoes, with a pivot arm extending across( 2nd pic), that has the connection back to the hand lever. Not greatest shots but maybe enough to give you idea of what u need.
Hy 1pete1, I think I have an SM465 kicking around here somewhere with a drum parking brake system on it, the only thing that I know for sure that is missing is the handle which is in the cab when installed. A man from Texas I think it was was looking for one years ago, so I sent/sold it to him years ago. If you are interested in it please let me know.