The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, Peggy M, Millenimech, NJC), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,321
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
I've decided to have my truck painted this Spring and am now trying to locate auto body/painter guys in my area.

If anyone here can recommend anyone in the Central New Jersey area, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks!


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 66
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 66
Alan, try Nagys auto body on rt 1 in Edison,northbound. I never had any work done there, but he does a lot of older stuff and seen some of his work, very nice. Even seen one of his jobs in Northern Rodder magazine.

good luck...............Dale


1939 GMC
1953 HD PANHEAD
1930 Chevy 3 window coupe
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
Thanks, Dale.

I forgot about Nagy's! Now that you mention it, I remember seein a really nice 63 Corvette he did sitting in his lot!

I'll definitely check them out.


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 66
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 66
Alan, I also know a guy who owns a shop in North Plainfield, Auto Rebuilders. Been in business forever. Let me know if you want to shop around and I can introduce you on a personal level.
By the way, do you know the guy[or gal] that has the orange 55,56,57? in Milltown on Clay street, just spotted it the other day.............


1939 GMC
1953 HD PANHEAD
1930 Chevy 3 window coupe
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 1,271
I've talked with the guy on Clay with the '55 pickup ... it's not exactly orange though, right? Kind of a coppery-red color? Anyway, it's his daily driver and he's a pretty cool guy.

I'm definitely in the "shop around" mode, Dale. I want to talk with as many painters as possible ... get a complete picture of prices and time frames ... and then make a decision. So, yes - introduce me, please.

This is gonna be a total blast! I want to do 2 colors with a hand-painted pinstripe between ... a deep burgundy/wine on the bottom half of the truck and a 1950s type of cream/pastel yellow on the top half ... maybe a blue pinstripe.


~~ Alan Horvath
1954 Chevy Pickup
Singing his praises in the
Passing Lane
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 66
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 66
Sounds like a great color combo Alan....My cell number is 684-2281 call me and we can set up a plan to meet and check out the shop in North Plainfield. You know the area code.....Dale


1939 GMC
1953 HD PANHEAD
1930 Chevy 3 window coupe

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0