I've started sanding the cab down to bare metal on my 1929 Chevy truck. While I was sanding, I noticed this wire that stretches all the way around the front surface of the cab where the hood lays on top of it. It has hook bolts that hold it on in several places to the surface. I have arrows pointing to it. Does anyone know the purpose in this wire?
Hood lace, which lays between the hood and cowl, has a center wire, held by those "hook bolts". Try to save the hook bolts as you will need them when you replace the hood lace. Some of the replacement hood lace does not have that wire so try to find some that does.
OK, I googled what is hood lace on a 1929 chevy truck. Got instructions from the Filling Station with the exact Hood lace and hook bolts to purchase a reproduction. Thanks for the info.