The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (3B, 55shaker, Gdads51), 103 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,367
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#12406 04/30/2005 7:56 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 112
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 112
"ABS Power Brake" company has a power steering kit for the Task Force trucks that allows you to upgrade to power steering using a Toyota steering box. They provide the Toyota box, coupler to allow you to use your stock steering column/wheel, and mounting hardware for $450.You supply the stock generator/power steering pump combination (pump runs off back of generator) from a mid fifties car. Anybody gone this way? Happy with the results? I'm looking for more "power" than is available with the CCP "power assist" kit for $900,(and you still have to supply your own pump!


--------------------------------------------------
#12407 05/01/2005 7:35 AM
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 122
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2004
Posts: 122
4d,

This is the setup I went with. The truck has not been on the road yet, so I can't speak to how I like it, but so far, I "think" I am very happy with the setup. wink Here are some pictures of it:

http://www.59apache.com/assembly.html

Good luck with your project!


Jim Karras
Orange, CA
'59 Chevy Apache 32 Stepside Pickup
E-mail: [email protected]
Internet: www.59apache.com

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0