| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (baldeagle, Southerntruck, Hanks custodian, Woodcmiami, J Lucas, Rusty Shackleford, TooMany2count),
79
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,398 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#12406 04/30/2005 7:56 PM | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 112 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 112 | "ABS Power Brake" company has a power steering kit for the Task Force trucks that allows you to upgrade to power steering using a Toyota steering box. They provide the Toyota box, coupler to allow you to use your stock steering column/wheel, and mounting hardware for $450.You supply the stock generator/power steering pump combination (pump runs off back of generator) from a mid fifties car. Anybody gone this way? Happy with the results? I'm looking for more "power" than is available with the CCP "power assist" kit for $900,(and you still have to supply your own pump!
--------------------------------------------------
| | |
#12407 05/01/2005 7:35 AM | Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 122 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2004 Posts: 122 | 4d, This is the setup I went with. The truck has not been on the road yet, so I can't speak to how I like it, but so far, I "think" I am very happy with the setup.  Here are some pictures of it: http://www.59apache.com/assembly.html Good luck with your project! | | |
| |
| |