| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 523 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 523 | I am down to the final on my interior - install the floor pan. I have what was originally a 46 three speed. An original owner installed a 4 speed transmission, fitting it into the floor pan by hogging out the interfering sheet metal. Looks like he used his teeth. I hammered out the rough metal and still need to trim a little for a good fit. But then, I would like some ideas on how it should be trimmed out for a finish look. The catalogs show lots of parts, but I would like some ideas on goes with what (boots, gaskets, trim plates, etc). Pictures would be great. Went to my annual car show this year - not one early 40's truck!
Bob
BobS46
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | Bob,
Check these items out.
P/N FL136Â Jim Carter Gear Shift Boot Four Speed
P/N FL137Â Jim Carter Gear Shift Foam Collar Four Speed Floor Shifter
P/N PW-346-066R Bowtie Bits Gear Shift Boot Retainer Ring
Harold
Last edited by Harold46; 10/15/2017 12:05 PM.
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | |
| |
| |