So I bought a new master cylinder correct for my 54 for half ton pick up. I go to attach the brake line which I believe is a 3/16 fitting in the line running into the big nut on the master cylinder is far bigger possibly a half inch female thread with a flare fitting at the bottom . Don't believe this threaded female fitting on the back of the master Cylinder is a pipe thread but there's a flare fitting way at the bottom. I cannot seem to find a adapter that will fit a female fitting from the brake line going to half inch into the back of the master cylinder . does anyone have any suggestions. Not finding any adapters on the Internet. And there is only one line going into the back of the master cylinder, is this correct or not . I have seen pictures where the line splits into directly behind the master cylinder. Hope you can help thanks.
Sounds like they sent you the wrong master cylinder. Does your original one have the the brass banjo fitting which has an inverted flare in the end of the "bolt" part of that two-part fitting assembly?
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Sometimes brake lines use different size (thread) tube nuts. If available you can usually just swap the tube nut, reflare the line, and attach without any extra adapter.
You may still have a non original master cylinder, but the above can help you use it none the less.
Thanks for the info. The vendor was no help, I think my assumptions on the issue at hand was more informative the than they could provide which was pretty much nothing. I think I my move to the banjo brass fitting and bolt. It will force me to turn the hard line in a new direction. which it may not stand a new direction bend.