| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,427 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 128 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 128 | I want to do a real gold leaf lettering on my 45 GMC similar to what you would see on a fire truck lettering and stripping. I know there is vinyl out there, but that's not going on my truck. My question is, how do you get the circle swirl marks into the gold leaf? Lastly, will a acrylic clear coat over the gold leaf work for outside protection?? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 586 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2006 Posts: 586 | I have seen vinyl and I think it looks poor.The real gold leaf looks rich, but is costly.I don't think the acrylic clear coat will work over vinyl.
Wanted Good Woman: Must be able to cook , clean , sew , tune engines and polish trucks. Must have old Stovebolt and garage. Please send picture of old Stovebolt and garage.
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 576 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 576 | never seen it done in person,but have seen it a few times on video.they've always used a round brush and twirled it. brush looked something similar to a stenciling brush..........dave 1949 Chevrolet 3100 "When this thing hits 88 miles an hour, you're going to see some serious sh%t." -Doc Brown
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 584 | I haven't done so, but I would check the net...anything there regarding proceedure? It must be somewhere on the internet I would think. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 128 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 128 | I dont plan on using vinyl. I purchased the real gold leaf and sizing (glue that makes the gold stick). I have done some test pieces. Interesting enough, I can not find anything on the web that give instructions on how to get the swirl effect. If anyone can point me in the right direction, please advise. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 662 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 662 | | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 507 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 507 | Chuck, lots of good info thanks for the link.
"If it ain't Steel it ain't Real" "Earth the insane aslyum for the rest of the Universe" 41 1/2-ton, a work in progress 68 Shortbed stepside 327/325hp/700R4
| | |
| |
| |