| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (cmayna, Gray_Ghost),
168
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,613 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 164 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 164 | I just replaced the exterior door handles on my '53 3100. I used to be able to push the inside handle forward to lock the door but now it won't move forward. My shop manual says it's 1948-1953 but the part on the door handles covers the earlier type and is of no help. I also searched earlier threads on this forum to no avail. Anyone have an idea on what's wrong?
~Denny 1953 Chevy 3100 w/1960 261 cid, 848 head | Weber 32/36 progressive 2 barrel carb. | Three on the tree & 3:55 torque tube | 12 V w/Gener-Nator & 6 V starter In the Gallery Forum1998 Chevy Suburban 350 ci awd/4wd | | | | | Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 164 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 164 | Never mind, I figured it out. On the new handle the pin that's attached to the button that actuates the lock mechanism was 1/4" longer than the original. This prevented the lock from returning to a "neutral" position. When I shortened the pin to match the original, the interior door handle locked just fine. There's a lesson here about replacement parts as I also had to grind down some pieces on my lock cylinder so that they could fit in the new handles. Buyer beware.
~Denny 1953 Chevy 3100 w/1960 261 cid, 848 head | Weber 32/36 progressive 2 barrel carb. | Three on the tree & 3:55 torque tube | 12 V w/Gener-Nator & 6 V starter In the Gallery Forum1998 Chevy Suburban 350 ci awd/4wd | | |
| |
| |