The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hotrod Lincoln, TUTS 59, Guitplayer, IHPWR, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny), 180 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,227
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1232754 08/31/2017 3:08 PM
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 118
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 118
So I was talking to a fellow stovebolter yesterday and he mentioned he once had a GMC Blue Chip truck with road shock dampers installed on it. I have read about them before in a sales brochure and was curious if anybody else has had these on one of their GMC trucks and if it helps any with ride quality. I have never seen any photos of them other than what I saw in the brochure. Just curious about them. I think it's neat to learn something else unique about the GMC trucks verses Chevy. Here is a link to the brochure I mentioned: 57 GMC Sales Brochure or just the section I was talking about: Pic

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 338
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 338
Like this one?? https://goo.gl/photos/QpbnPhBmD6SHHVHi7
Was told this was only offered in 55 on the Chevy's so I guess I've learned something new again!

What do you suppose it's worth?


~~ Darcy

1959 GMC 9310 Canadian- built Shortbox Fleetside Deluxe
FootStomper
In the Stovebolt Gallery
In the Project Journals Forum
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Nice photos - thanks.

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
5
Renaissance Man
Renaissance Man
5 Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,280
How does it attach, and function?


1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 662
Standard vibration parameters - mass,spring,damper. I knew them from Corvairs, surprised to learn they pre-exisited Corvair by years.

http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,384366,384498


Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 118
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 118
It mounts to the back side of the steering knuckle and I think they may have been introduced in 56 but only lasted to 57. No idea what they are worth. Footstomper do you have a pair? Here is another add for them: GMC RSD Suspension

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 338
F
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
F Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 338
Originally Posted by gumbi
No idea what they are worth. Footstomper do you have a pair?

A buddy has a set... that's where I got the picture from.

I'm curious about reasonable value also...

Last edited by FootStomper; 09/08/2017 9:52 PM.

~~ Darcy

1959 GMC 9310 Canadian- built Shortbox Fleetside Deluxe
FootStomper
In the Stovebolt Gallery
In the Project Journals Forum

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0