The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (UtahYork, klhansen, Otto Skorzeny, Bill Hanlon, HandyAndy, KEVINSKI, 37 GC, Gazz, Hugh63c10), 116 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,610
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1233387 09/04/2017 9:23 PM
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 76
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 76
I bought a complete driveline from a 39 Chevy 1 1/2 ton for my 40 REA chevy truck. I believe the transmission is a four speed. What is the small lever on the shifter?

I will put photos up.

Thanks.

Harmon

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,836
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,836
It's a reverse lockout. Pull up on the tab to unlock the shift lever and allow it to go into the gate that engages the reverse gear.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 76
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 76
Thanks. I wasn't sure what it was. Glad it's a four speed because that is what I was hoping for when I bought the package.

Harmon


Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0