| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny, TexasA&M48Truck, 5cameo8, TUTS 59, Youngin' Tut 59, Gray_Ghost),
93
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,116 Posts1,056,599 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 76 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 76 | I bought a complete driveline from a 39 Chevy 1 1/2 ton for my 40 REA chevy truck. I believe the transmission is a four speed. What is the small lever on the shifter?
I will put photos up.
Thanks.
Harmon | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,836 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,836 | It's a reverse lockout. Pull up on the tab to unlock the shift lever and allow it to go into the gate that engages the reverse gear. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 76 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2017 Posts: 76 | Thanks. I wasn't sure what it was. Glad it's a four speed because that is what I was hoping for when I bought the package.
Harmon | | |
| |
| |