| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
94
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,680 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,123 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,123 | Installed the seats tonight to check clearances for 3 point seat belts. The stock pedestal and rail mounts are being used. The cushion and back were reupholstered. I noticed that the clearance between the top of my head and the cab top is only about 4 inches, which is much less than in my '37. Also, with the seat adjusted as far back as it will go my legs don't have as much clearance as I would expect for someone of average height. Is this a typical experience for these model trucks? | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 7,441 | Yup, people were smaller back then. I have the same leg room issue in the '62 C-10 but then I'm 6'1". 
Martin '62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress) '47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project) ‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily) ‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence) “I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one! Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop! USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,123 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,123 | Oddly, the fit in my '37 half ton is better and more comfortable even though the seats aren't adjustable. | | | | | Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2004 Posts: 1,312 | Hope you have a tilt steering wheel - makes life easier ! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,123 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,123 | No. The goal is to restore this one. I did find out the dimensions I have for clearances match another one of these that was recently restored. | | |
| |
| |