Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (TUTS 59, WICruiser, 1 invisible),
125
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,382 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | wishing you guys the best, keep hunker down and hang on.. Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,603 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 3,603 | I've been watching the storm also. Please be safe and stay on high ground.
Don
1967 GMC 9500 Fire Ladder Truck"The Flag Pole"In the Stovebolt Gallery1946 2-Ton grain truck 1946 3/4-ton pickup, 1953 1-ton pickup 1957 1-ton flatbed dually, 1954 Pontiac Straight Eight Of all the things I've lost in my life, I miss my mind the most! | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,084 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,084 | Rain gauge showing 6" so far and we haven't seen the serious rain yet in N. Houston. They are forecasting rain levels in feet not inches. We're pretty puckered up. Appreciate you boys thinking about us.
Allen Yeah, well, that's just like, you know , your opinion, man - The Dude
1948 Chevy 3600 - goal Original restoration, Current Stage 1 - Disassembly and getting body in primer 1954 GMC 3100 goal Hot Rod, Current Stage 1 - Get body in primer 1931 Ford Model A 5 window Coupe - Old Skool Hot Rod 1945 Ford 2N Tractor - Runs great 1964 Ford 2000 Tractor - Use it every week 1974 Stingray Corvette
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | keep those vehicles good and dry I use to live in Houston many yrs ago, I was about 8 and dad had a new 49 halfton jimmy... Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 25 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2012 Posts: 25 | Thanks for thinking of us down here. Just waiting out the rain in the Lake Houston area. Not near any of the rivers so just getting bored sitting in the house. Got about 15" so far but drainage is still good. If I have to stay indoors for a couple of more days may have to start a new list of goodies for the truck. I always knew these hurricanes were expensive to go thru. Wonder if I could claim my purchases on home owner policy????? Glad to hear that the loss of life is so low down in the South Part of Texas. Everybody stay safe and don't get out useless its a emergency.
Chuck, '51 5 Window 3104 '47 Chevy Fleetmaster
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 362 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 362 | Hunkered down up here in Spring, TX. Lots of rain (lost count when we got 6+ inches in the rain gauge overnight). Cypress Creek on the south side of our neighborhood and the flood control ditch on the west side are way out of their banks, getting into houses, but our house is alright. Have some friends staying with us because Cypress Creek flooded their house. Getting a little stir crazy, but we're safe. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | Up here in Canada we are watching and praying for you down there. Been to Houston a few times and loved the place. Keep safe! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2017 Posts: 45 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2017 Posts: 45 | Thoughts and prayers out to you guys in Texas. Stay safe.
Jim
1955 Chevy series 2 6 cylinder, 3 on the tree Short bed, step side
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 362 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 362 | We stayed high and dry.
Allen, how'd you come out? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | hang on you guys, sending in Navy and ships to help... should have done that days ago... Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,084 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,084 | Glad to hear it Eric, I was worried about you when I saw how much water Spring had. I expected any minute while watching the news coverage to see you drive out of your subdivision in your 3100 with a home made intake snorkel duct taped to the cab and pushing through water halfway up the door.
We were blessed and did fine as well. Never had any standing water, but I watched a lot of it flow by our place. I wish I had a little flat bottom boat and a 15 horse mercury to pull some of those folks out. Those Cajun navy guys are something else. They flat know how to get around in high water, very impressive. Lot of good Houston boys in there helping also. It was heartwarming to see folks out there on Saturday in the middle of the storm pulling folks out that were surprised at the historic water levels. You can't blame folks for hunkering down until it was too late to leave via automobile, just can't forecast where rain will hit the hardest. My sister is over in Mont Belvieu, and she was flooded, so as soon as I-10 opens up I'll go help her clean up and get ready for repairs. It will be a long ordeal. Thankfully she had flood insurance. All rivers and creeks set new records since been keeping peaks. They are calling this a 800-1000 yr flood, problem is we've had 1 in each of the last 3 years!
Allen Yeah, well, that's just like, you know , your opinion, man - The Dude
1948 Chevy 3600 - goal Original restoration, Current Stage 1 - Disassembly and getting body in primer 1954 GMC 3100 goal Hot Rod, Current Stage 1 - Get body in primer 1931 Ford Model A 5 window Coupe - Old Skool Hot Rod 1945 Ford 2N Tractor - Runs great 1964 Ford 2000 Tractor - Use it every week 1974 Stingray Corvette
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 362 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2014 Posts: 362 | Glad to hear it Eric, I was worried about you when I saw how much water Spring had. I expected any minute while watching the news coverage to see you drive out of your subdivision in your 3100 with a home made intake snorkel duct taped to the cab and pushing through water halfway up the door.
We were blessed and did fine as well. Never had any standing water, but I watched a lot of it flow by our place. I wish I had a little flat bottom boat and a 15 horse mercury to pull some of those folks out. Those Cajun navy guys are something else. They flat know how to get around in high water, very impressive. Lot of good Houston boys in there helping also. It was heartwarming to see folks out there on Saturday in the middle of the storm pulling folks out that were surprised at the historic water levels. You can't blame folks for hunkering down until it was too late to leave via automobile, just can't forecast where rain will hit the hardest. My sister is over in Mont Belvieu, and she was flooded, so as soon as I-10 opens up I'll go help her clean up and get ready for repairs. It will be a long ordeal. Thankfully she had flood insurance. All rivers and creeks set new records since been keeping peaks. They are calling this a 800-1000 yr flood, problem is we've had 1 in each of the last 3 years! Well I find the humor in things, whether it's appropriate or not, so I was saying I ought to take the truck out if I drive anything because 1) the carb is relatively high compared to the rest of the truck, 2) there's barely anything electrical on it, and 3) there are rust holes in the floor so flood water would drain out of it. In reality, I'd be worried about wet brakes, and the exhaust and road draft tube being submerged, among other things. I took my mountain bike out to survey the waters, and left the motorized vehicles at home. Glad to hear you guys did okay. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 Bolter | | Bolter Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 4,066 | better gas up, we have to wait in line in the Dallas area plus gas has went up about 90 cents in the past week and half..
I needed some tonight but decided I would try in the morning after folks go to work or get up early have breakfast at Denny and then get some
Redryder pixMy HotrodA veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of "up to and including my life."I am fighting cancer and I am winning the fight | Pain is part of life; misery is an option. | | |
| |