The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (TooMany2count), 81 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,126
Posts1,056,354
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
I must not have these installed right because if I push the inside door handle forward, the 11 1/2" door link falls off. Works fine if I pull the handle instead but today for some reason I pushed it forward so now get to take the door panel off and try again. I must be missing something.

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
After looking at it this afternoon, I think the inside door handle should push forward to open. Is that correct? There is a tab on the 6 inch or so wide brace that spans the door and holds the latch/lock and inside handles. I'm thinking that is to keep the door handle from being pulled back too far. Is that correct? If so then I can't attach the latch connecter with everything else in place. I'll have to take the brace and latching mechanism out. I'm fixing to do that tomorrow so if that is not right please lemme know.

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
OK, got it. As per my last post, the handle should push to open with the tab preventing it to turn too far so the link can fall off. Now on to alignment.

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0