The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Gdads51, dt235sd, papas52, Bruce 1954-4100, tclederman, Forty9), 127 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,111
Posts1,056,258
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1229789 08/13/2017 1:12 AM
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 9
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 9
What color were the bed rails from the factory on the 54 3100.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
If you mean the bed strips (bed rails) between the bed-boards:

I think the bed strips were painted semi-gloss black (same color, basically, as the bed-boards, and the same color as the running boards).

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
I would need to double check but I think Bob Adler decided in 54 they went to body color.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Please post what you find, Greg. I have a two-tone (white/yellow) pickup that might get painted sone day (it is in primer - I have a few leads on painters).

I'll see if the two-tone option states anything about bed strips (and boards) color. I'll also look for photos I took of an original 1954 truck's bed (about 18,000 miles on it, I recall). My memory is getting weaker, and I have not unpacked sone boxes of documents.

I'll call Bob, if we cannot find documentation.

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,299
I think calling Bob is the best option. I think I recall him telling me once that he felt like 54 was a division point where bed wood and strips may have been shot body color but I don't recall what he quoted as making him think that.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0