| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (55shaker, Woodcmiami, Rusted Nut, Gdads51, CuzzFuzz, Still At It, 1 invisible),
156
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,138 Posts1,056,441 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2015 Posts: 208 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2015 Posts: 208 | I finally found a set of Brake & Clutch pedals from a 87 Chevy for my 3800 1-ton, they are from a C30. I am pretty sure the pedals are set up for a Hydro booster. Can I use a Vacuum booster off a C20 instead or am I limited to using a Hydro booster? | | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 321 | I had put a disc brake set up on my 1953 1 ton and I took a vacuum line off the intake manifold and it worked very well. I believe from the factory they would have taken vacuum for the hydro-booster off of the intake manifold. I have a picture in my archives on my photo bucket account showing how I plumbed it in.
Hope this helps you out.
MikeC
Last edited by mikec4193; 08/07/2017 11:52 AM.
1951 Chevy 3800 1-TonHoward KnappIn the Stovebolt Gallery1948 Chevy 1-Ton (sold Nov 2017)1953 Chevy 1-Ton (sold 10/1/2016) | | | | | Joined: Jan 2015 Posts: 208 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2015 Posts: 208 | Thanks Mike, but what I am referring to is the 1980's -Up Hydro booster that runs off the power steering pump verses the traditional Vacuum booster. I am not sure I am sold on installing the Hydro booster setup and might opt out and install the Vacuum booster instead ( if possible with this setup).
| | |
| |
| |