The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Wally / Montana, Shade Baby), 112 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,385
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
I am trying to install the torque tube to the transmission in a 1950 3100 with a 4 speed transmission. Stock torque tube rear end.

My question is should the rear transmission mount be installed after the u joint, ball and collar are assembled to the transmission? The transmission mount goes on the rear axle side of the ball collar correct?

Should the transmission mount be bolted to the crossmember before installing the u joint ball and collar?

I cannot seem to slide the transmission mount into place with the ball slid together and I cannot get the ball collar on the on the engine side of the mount with the transmission mount in place.

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
1
'Bolter
'Bolter
1 Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 131
I went ahead and put a jack under the transmission and lifted the front of the truck. This gave me just enough room to slip the rear transmission mount in. I wanted to avoid this because I didn't want to put that much strain on the rear motor mounts putting them in tension like that. This tells me that there is a lot of the engine weight on this transmission mount on my truck. Whether that is correct of not I do not know. The rear motor mounts are new as are the front motor mounts.

Last edited by 1866yellowboy; 07/27/2017 1:26 AM.

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0