The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Dennys28, Steelonsteel, Opelika Tom, Guitplayer, Ponchogl), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,401
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1225018 07/11/2017 8:42 PM
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 58
I've got a ratty old 63 C20 I'm thinking of turning into a flat bed. While looking for some for ideas I was drawn to the duallys. I've been reading up the last couple days and have seen a variety of options to do this from swapping out the whole rear end to longer studs and a little grinding on the hub. I'm not looking for 1 ton functionality just the look. I can probably get some old steel rims for free. There's an 85 parts truck with a dually rear end for sale near by. I'm curious if anyone has an opinion on this. good, bad, or otherwise.

Here's my truck. I'm going for a bit of a rat rod shop truck look.

C20 Side View
C20 Front View

Thanks for looking.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Since your plan is to make it a flat bed there is no concern over the width. Get the dually rear end and weld on perches to fit your spring/link set up. Easy to get parts/wheels for and maybe a better ratio for drive-ability.
🛠


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)


Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0