The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 108 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
Hello guys , So I ordered a fuel filter for my glass bowl , from chevy truck vendor ??? Will not fit ? to big ! So who has this filter for sale ? ( glass bowl has Carter ID
on top of housing no part # your 2 cents is appreciated , Thanks


59 chevy apache fleetside

2007 dodge diesel
84 toyota 4 runner, v8,propane power
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
Orielly's had it, WIX filter.


1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
Thanks But the one they have is not the type that is made just for the glass bowl ? or is it ? I do not have a filter in mine now ,( I do not know what it looks like ) ?
I wish I could show you a picture , ? way to difficult to get a pic on here ?



I love this site , could be so much better if they would let us down load pictures ? Thanks


59 chevy apache fleetside

2007 dodge diesel
84 toyota 4 runner, v8,propane power
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
I used to have the box the filter came in, but tossed it away last summer.


1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
I searched the WIX site, wixfilters.com and found this: P/N 33034 It's for the filter bowl. It's under the heading of 1959 Bel Air with 283 engine. I'm pretty sure the bowl on the 6 and 8 was the same.

American Classic Truck Parts has the bowl assembly w/filter.


1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
NAPA 3943 may work. Best bet, if possible, take filter to store. NAPA filter is 1.88" high, outside diameter 1.39" includes gasket.


Ed
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
Thanks guys , NOPE , none fit ? after a internet search my carter fuel filter takes a ceramic fuel filter with a spring , volvo -penta part # 3855104 ? this is a very short filter , so now I gotta find one ?
All the truck vendors sell a filter ,( But IT"s for a tall glass bowl ) ? live and learn Thanks guys


59 chevy apache fleetside

2007 dodge diesel
84 toyota 4 runner, v8,propane power
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
Hey Old, is the bowl assembly you have original equip? It doesn't sound like it is. From what I know, the filters were paper type like the P/N's we gave. Why not change the filer bowl asseblywith one that accepts the filers we gave you? I think it would be cheaper in the long run. Or you can do what many have done, remove the assembly all together and run a inline filter close to where the bowl would be. Again, cheaper in the long run.


1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 899
The NAPA filter I mentioned above is a replacement for a ceramic element. But if you checked the dimensions against what you need and that's not it. The WIX filter website has a link to look up filters by dimension. wixfilters.com


Ed
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
O
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 55
Thanks guys I will let you know SOON Thanks again


59 chevy apache fleetside

2007 dodge diesel
84 toyota 4 runner, v8,propane power
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
There's a yard near me that has some TF trucks that still have the fuel bowl on the engine. Next time I go there I can take one off and measure the filter for you.


1959 3100 Apache Fleetside
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
I got mine on ebay.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0