The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Rusty Heaps, dunfire), 119 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,143
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 22
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 22
So I believe my original turn signal switch has died in my '64 C20...I lost all my turn signals yesterday. I know all my grounds are good as I replaced and added additional grounds when I rewired the entire truck about 6 years ago. I've had the steering wheel off many times in the past trying to correct the turn-signal cam not cancelling after a turn. I finally gave up thinking the replacement parts were just not up to snuff. Now I'd like to replace everything turn signal related with the best parts available. Can anyone recommend/had a good experience with a particular brand or re-seller?

I see parts listed on Classic and American that say "Reproduction" but then they have a version that says "OE quality"...are the OE actually better...they seem to be $20-30 more.

Thanks!


1964 Chevy C20
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 92
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 92
This may be a stupid question, but you didn't mention a possible fuse burned out. Sometimes it can be an easy fix that you overlook. JP

Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 22
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 22
Hey JP,

Yes, thank you, I already corrected the problem...bad blinker relay (2 year old China part). I put back in the relay that I know is at least 30 years old and everything started working again.

I spoke to Classic yesterday who indicated Reproduction means the wire colors are not correct...where the OE turn-signal switches have the correct wire colors. Not sure I want to tear back into the column just to fix the cancelling problem. Maybe a winter time project.

Greg


1964 Chevy C20

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0