The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Shaffer's1950, Southerntruck, Gdads51, John Dlugos, FAST55, TexasJim50, F100Ranger), 154 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,378
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#122275 09/30/2006 12:40 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 119
F
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
F Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 119
Anyone ever used Nason 421-40 Spray filler? I'm trying to find an answer for a friend that is having trouble spraying the product. Trying to find out if it can be reduced and if so what to use? Looked at Dupont's site about the product and they don't tell anything about reducing. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

#122276 09/30/2006 3:30 AM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
...spray filler....

golly I have no idea if this is the stuff we used in the shop a few months ago. But we painted a carbon fibre race car and had to give it a coat of this real real real thick primer (and I mean real thick). The trick was you need a 3.0 tip on your gun (huge I know).

...but then again, this might not be the stuff your talking about at all....

Good Luck

#122277 10/02/2006 1:49 AM
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 44
P
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
P Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 44
I use a cheap gun with a 03 tip .IT can be thinned up to 10% only a guess!, with acetone or urethane reducer. I have done this the only thing is it really slows down the drying.I let mine dry a few days and then lightly block with 180 dry to open and let solvets escape then set in sun for a day before i finish blocking


Popa Kents Body Shop
#122278 10/02/2006 6:19 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 804
Yeah, it's polyester primer and it really does need at least a 2.0 with a 2.2 preferably.

Brian


1948 Chevy Pickup
Chopped and sectioned
owned since 1974 when I was 15.
#122279 10/02/2006 3:47 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
T
Tab Offline
Member
Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 622
Years ago I bought some "heavy building primer" which was designed to go on thick to fill minor imperfections. I like the idea of a this new stuff though and I'd like to have some on hand.

Where can I get a 3.0 tip for my Chinese gun?


delete my account and pictures

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0