The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,474
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1222324 06/22/2017 9:05 PM
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 126
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 126
I am replacing my hood hinge with a new, more functioning one. Of course, when I took the old one off, I did not mark front (toward nose/grill) or back (toward windshield). One end of the hinge extends further from the end of the flat flange piece of the hinge and that end of the flat flange piece has a slightly more sever angle. Any ideas which end goes toward the nose?

Thanks!

ps. And yes I should know to mark this type of thing.

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 126
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 126
Help, please. Anyone? Thanks!

Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2000
Posts: 784
Your 3/4 ton is going to be the same as my 1/2 ton. I had to look to be sure but the end with the sever angle goes toward the windshield. The end that sticks out goes under s hold down piece that is screwed to the cowling at the windshield.

Hope this helps
George

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 126
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 126
George:

Thanks!!!!! That does help. I appreciate it.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0