The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TUTS 59, Shof, Jon G, Gray_Ghost), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,094
Posts1,056,157
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1215669 05/02/2017 3:33 AM
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 201
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 201
I've been considering mounting a trailer hitch on my 41 but I can't figure out how to make it fit and look clean. I will likely only haul light single axle stuff because I know those trucks aren't made to haul large trailers, anyway I was hoping to mount it such that I could still have a stock bumper, I also have to consider my spare as it might be in the way. I've seen a few people do this with AD trucks, anyone know how on an Art Deco ?


Stovebolter -- the Next Generation
(I'm 20)

1941 Chevy 1/2-ton pickup
"Lucy"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1967 Ford Mustang - "Sally"
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 45
2
'Bolter
'Bolter
2 Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 45
I thought about trying to modify a later model receiver hitch to fit they are cheap on craigslist, or just weld up a homeade one like would have been done back in the day. A pro welder should be able to build something for a somewhat reasonable price.


Richard
42 Chevy pickup
65 Chevy C10 Panel

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0